Lucy Shipton, EYN Partnership Registered Dietitian
Fruit kebabs with yogurt to dip
Fruit kebabs are fun and easy for children to make and you can use any fruit that you wish. Don’t forget you can use tinned fruit (in natural juice) as well as fresh.
Hint, if your child isn’t very good at eating a wide range of fruits this can be a great way of introducing different types alongside those firm favourites.
Having a simple yogurt dip alongside the kebabs is a great way of introducing a portion of dairy and children will love dipping and licking.
To make 5 kebabs:
- 1 satsuma
- 5 strawberries
- handful blueberries (about 25 blueberries)
- 1 strawberry
- 2 segments Satsuma
- 5 blueberries
- Wash fruit before you start
- Half the strawberries
- Peel the Satsuma and divide in segments
- Alternate the fruit onto the skewer
- Serve with low fat natural yogurt (about 1 tablespoon per serving)