Self-Employed Registered Nutrition Professional (RNP) - Various UK regions.
The Early Years Nutrition Partnership (EYN Partnership) is a unique social enterprise operating in early years nutrition created in partnership with the Pre-School Learning Alliance, the British Nutrition Foundation and Danone Early Life Nutrition. The EYN Partnership has an ambition to improve future outcomes of young children by setting a standard for nutrition practice in UK nurseries. Central to this is a network of self-employed Registered Nutrition Professionals.
MISSION OF ROLE:
RNPs will develop and manage a portfolio of nursery settings in their local area, encouraging them to take part in the EYN Partnership Quality Mark scheme to demonstrate the standard of nutrition practice in their settings. An RNP will assess participating early years settings against expert- developed standards for good nutrition practice and will support setting managers and EY practitioners to meet these standards by providing training, guidance and support as required.
EYN Partnership offers early years practitioners the opportunity to study for a CACHE-accredited qualification, which will be assessed by the RNP (subject to relevant experience / CAVA qualification).
- Degree qualification in nutrition, dietetics or an associated subject. Registered dietitian, AfN registered nutritionist or equivalent demonstrable experience. A higher degree in an associated subject is desirable but not essential.
- Minimum of 2 years experience of working in a nutrition-related role, ideally to include early years settings. Experience working independently, providing consistent, evidence-based information to early years providers; Training and/or facilitation in nutrition / health related topics is desirable but not essential. Previous experience managing own business or working for self is desirable but not essential.
- Good understanding of the UK early years provision with a clear knowledge of the potential market in your area.
- DBS checked and subscribed to the DBS update service (support in doing this will be provided by the EYN Partnership).
- All RNPs will be required to be self-employed, trading as a limited company*
- RNPs will be required to manage their own time and will require own transport to access
- EYN Partnership settings in their region.
- Contracted hours of work are based on the packaged hours each nursery had signed up to. With additional hours allowed for business planning in line with key performance indicators. (further details will be discussed at successful application stage).
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, or for further details and full job description, please send a copy of your CV & covering letter outlining your experience and suitability for the role, together with an initial business plan and how you would identify local targets to establish EYNP in your area, via email to Steph Johnson (Business Development Manager, Early Years Nutrition Partnership) at: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 5pm Monday 29th January 2018 (please note posts may be filled sooner than this deadline so we encourage early applications).
* Candidates will be considered whether currently self-employed or interested in becoming self-employed and professional business support will be offered to the successful candidate.